There are a few things that homebuyers should know heading into 2018. Here’s our top five.
There are certain things that every first-time homebuyer should know. Here are five of them:
1. How to find a good agent. A good way to start is by asking for referrals from people you trust. It’s important to interview multiple agents before hiring one as well. Ask them about their track record as an agent in the market that you’re looking to buy in.
2. How to pick a great lender. When you choose a great lender, it will make the process a whole lot easier. You’ll be more informed about the process, too.
3. What the area that you’re buying in looks like. Visit the area you’re thinking of buying in during different times of the day. Notice what it’s like during the morning and evening rush hours, as well as on the weekend. Take note of the things that are in the immediate area as well.
4. Make a strong offer. Once you find a home you want to make an offer on, get with your agent to look at what recent, similar homes have sold for. It’s important to know the specifics going in, such as what your monthly payment is going to be and what your total cost of homeownership will be. Ask them about the specifics.
5. Be wary of the moving process. The dates of closing and moving are important to keep close together in order to make things easier.
If you have any questions about buying a home or anything else relating to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.