How can you ensure a successful home sale in the winter? Here are a few of our best tips.
Today, we’re excited to give you some great tips to help your home sell this winter. Without further ado, here they are:
1. Take appropriate photos. You need to be proactive in order to get this done. Taking pictures of your home while the grass is green and the trees are alive will give your listing a big boost online.
2. Go easy on the holiday ornaments. They can make a home feel nice and homey, but too much of them adds clutter, so be careful.
3. Pay attention to curb appeal. This time of year tends to get very busy and we always forget certain things. Maintaining good curb appeal shouldn’t be one of them. It will give you an edge come sale time.
4. Make sure everything is functioning properly. This is the time of year we see heaters break, A/C units burn out, and pipes freeze. You want to make sure all the systems in your home are working properly before you put the home on the market.
5. Make sure the house is lit for showings. This is one of the most important things you can do when the days are short. Keeping your home illuminated on the inside and the outside will be more effective at drawing buyers in.
6. Home values alter with the seasons. Make sure you are pricing your home for winter. In some markets, that means a higher-than-usual price. In others, it means a lower price. It all depends on where you are.
If you have any questions for us about getting your home ready for sale, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We would love to hear from you.