Many homebuyers are turning to new construction these days. Here are seven tips that will help if you’re in the same boat.
We’ve got some great advice today for anybody who is in the market to buy a new construction home. Here are our top tips:
1. Choose a reputable builder. I’ve dealt with pretty much every builder here in Tucson and know which ones are the right fit for your price bracket and for the product you want.
2. Don’t get attached to the model home. The model home will have all the extras that the builder provides. Those upgrades won’t necessarily be within your price range. If you like a particular house, know what it will cost you to get something similar in advance.
3. Stay involved in the building process. There will be a contractor that’s in charge of building your house. Hiring a home inspector to follow the building process is a smart idea, too. You should be comfortable throughout the building process.
4. Do you like the neighborhood/location? Before you decide on a community, make sure you like the neighborhood as well. Is it close to the places you frequent like work and school?
5. Be flexible with the builder’s schedule. Builders are a little bit behind on deadlines these days due to the high buyer demand. The deadlines and dates they provide you aren’t necessarily going to be exact.
6. Plan a walkthrough. When the home is completed, go back in with your home inspector and make sure any functional or cosmetic issues are fixed and you are getting what you paid for.
7. Make sure to have a home warranty. It’s always a good idea to get a home warranty when you buy a home, but in this case, you can probably get the builder to pay for it.
If you have any other questions for me or you’re looking to buy a new construction home yourself, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I’d be happy to help.