Today I’ve got a list of mistakes that sellers make while their home is on the market.
Today I wanted to give you a list of the eight most common mistakes that we see sellers making while their homes are on the market:
1. Overpricing your home. If you’re setting the price too high, then you alienate certain buyers who aren’t comfortable with that price and your property won’t sell.
2. Not having a plan to be flexible on your price. Even though the market favors sellers, buyers still want to be able to negotiate certain things in their favor. Price your home correctly and be prepared to be flexible in order to sell your home.
3. Not cleaning and www. If you keep your home as clean as possible while it’s on the market, you’ll be able to sell it quickly and for top dollar.
4. Not using professional photography. Your first showing is going to take place online, so you need to make sure that you’re using the highest quality photos of your home.
5. Not removing all personal items. Leaving items with a political or religious bias in the home can hurt your sale.
6. Sticking around for the showing. Buyers will spend two-to-three times longer in a house if the seller is not there. You want the buyer to spend as much time in the house as possible so solidify their decision to make an offer, so if possible, try not to be at the home during showings.
7. Not having an open schedule for showings. If you’re open to taking showings, even on short notice, you put yourself at an advantage over the sellers who can’t remain open.
8. Not removing pets or all signs of them. Some potential buyers might be allergic to pets or won’t want to see pets walking around the home, so it’s best to remove them from the home if possible while showings are taking place.
If you can avoid these mistakes, you’ll be able to sell your home quickly and for top dollar. If you have any additional questions or you’re looking to buy or sell a home in our area, feel free to reach out to me at any time. I’d be happy to help!