If you are considering doing an open house, there are three main benefits and three main drawbacks you need to think about first.
Are you thinking of doing an open house? Here are some pros and cons to help you decide if it is the best course of action for your home sale:
- It is unlikely that anyone who attends your open house ends up being your buyer.
- There are security concerns. Because your home is open to the public during your open house, you have no idea who will show up or what their intentions are. Someone may show up just to try and steal whatever items they can get their hands on.
- You will likely have nosey neighbors. At least half of the people who walk through your open house will be curious neighbors who just want to take a look at your home’s interior.
- It increases your home’s exposure to potential homebuyers in the area.
- It gives your home additional exposure. All real estate websites have an “open house” section, and the MLS also has its own section for open houses. These two avenues alone can introduce your home to a whole segment of buyers who prefer to start their buying process by going to open houses.
- It makes it convenient for buyers because they do not have to schedule a particular time to see your home.
As always, if you have any questions about this topic or you have any other real estate needs I can assist you with, do not hesitate to reach out to me. I would be glad to help you.