What renovations are homebuyers paying a premium for? Here’s a list of six.
Where are our sellers seeing the best return when it comes to making renovations before they sell? Here are the six that buyers seem to be most excited about when making offers:
1. Lighting. Specifically pendant lighting. When buyers are hanging them above a breakfast nook or kitchen area, they are getting a pretty good return.
2. Kitchen remodeling. You don’t always have to do a complete overhaul. You could just replace the countertops with granite. Quartz is another affordable option that’s trending upward.
3. Carpet. Carpet isn’t as popular as it was a few years back. I’m seeing investors choose hard surfaces like wood flooring, laminate, and tile instead.
4. Alarm systems. These are very popular, especially the systems where you can monitor it mobily.
5. Bathroom remodels. We’re seeing a lot of sellers remove their bathtubs and replace them with larger showers. Just something to think about.
6. Landscaping. A lot of times this brings the best bang for the buck. We’re in the desert, but if you can get at least some fake grass installed, it could set your home apart greatly. Adding crushed rock and trees are good ideas as well.
I hope these help you. If you have any questions for us or want more recommendations, give us a call or send us an email. We would love to hear from you.